You’ll probably meet someone who carries both the light and the dark in their heart. Someone who will never fail to tell you that you’re beautiful, but struggles to look in the mirror. Someone who remembers your birthday, the celebs you fangirl about, your biggest fears, the things you love and why you love them. You might meet someone who’ll sit with you when you’re down, and celebrate your triumphs as though they are your own.
You’ll probably meet someone who calls you on your shit when you need to hear it. Someone who keeps quiet when you just need to talk. Someone with laughter in their eyes and wit on their tongues. Someone you will fight with, but won’t stop caring for.
— "Best friends" - Speed poetry response (via facingthewaves)
- The boy who takes your virginity is only going to love you long enough for you to stay in his bed.
- Your first job is never the best job. But you’ll meet some of your best friends there.
- Sometimes things don’t go the way you expect them to at all.
- People are usually never who they say they are.
- If you love someone, you need to tell them. Nobody is good at the guessing game.
- If your best friends don’t like the boy you’re involving yourself with, chances are he’s bad news.
- If a boy starts an invitation with, “Are you home alone”/”I’ll be home alone”, say no. You are a human being, not a toy to be played with.
- If some boy invites you to “the backseat of his truck”, he’s a piece of shit. Tell him to fuck himself.
- “Sorry” doesn’t always fix what you messed up.
- Stop wasting time wishing you could take back what you already did.
- You are at fault sometimes.
- There’s going to be a boy that you let get away. Yes, you loved him. It’s for the best, though.
- Toxic people hardly ever start off toxic.
- It’s always nice to make new friends, but never forget who your real friends are.
- Never lose the friends that would answer their phone at 3am if you called
- Never lose sight of who you are because of a boy.
— 16 Things I Learned While Being 16 (via dizzyhemmings)